In almost all respects, this volume is a complete contrast, being 500 plus pages of bang up to-date material.Read full review
Frank M. Marlow
Illustrated by Pamela J. Tallman
Trade Paperback, 552 pages
Illustrations: 600 line drawings
Dimensions: 7 × 10 × 1¼ inches
Weight: 2.8 pounds
Publisher: Metal Arts Press
First Edition, © March 2012
Subject: Welding & Brazing
Level: Basic to Intermediate
List Price: $49.95
What’s this book about?
Welding Know-How is packed with years of welding knowledge and insights you won’t find anywhere else. With easy-to-understand text and detailed line drawings, the book explains the major welding processes: shielded metal arc (SMAW or stick), wire feed (MIG) and gas tungsten arc (TIG). Welding Know-How also covers the major cutting processes: oxyacetylene, plasma arc, water jet, air-carbon arc, oxygen lance, burning bar and SMAW cutting, and has chapters on brazing and soldering, bending and straightening, pipe and tubing and an extensive section on welding safety.
With this book you’ll finally gain control of your stick, TIG or wire-feed outfit and learn how to get your “buzz box” to make more than just noise. After reading Welding Know-How, you’ll see that there are no secrets in the welding shop, just knowledge that has never been written down—until now.
Who is this book for?
This book is for people who want to learn how to weld so they can make and fix things themselves. No more waiting for a repairman to show up. This book is for home shop machinists, maintenance technicians, mechanics, farmers, students, inventors, prototype makers and anyone who wants to become more self-sufficient.
What’s in this book?
Welding Know-How features:
- Over 600 clear and detailed line drawings
- Step-by-step instructions for dozens of welding projects
- Hundreds of solutions devised by master welders
- Silver and bronze brazing techniques
- Plans for jigs and to make projects turn out right
- Ideas to modify existing tools so they really work
- Bending and straightening methods
- Procedures to get your MIG, TIG or SMAW systems up and running
- Techniques for repairing copper pipes and buried copper tubing
- Tips for controlling distortion
- Answers to your toughest welding questions
- Techniques to use your welding equipment that you’ve never before seen
- Chapter 1: Welding Overview
- Chapter 2: Safety
- Chapter 3: Terms, Joints, & Edge Preparation
- Chapter 4: Tools & Welding Tables
- Chapter 5: Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- Chapter 6: Wire Feed Welding
- Chapter 7: Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
- Chapter 8: Oxyacetylene
- Chapter 9: Controlling Distortion
- Chapter 10: Cutting Processes
- Chapter 11: Brazing & Soldering
- Chapter 12: Common Problems & Solutions
- Chapter 13: Design Tips
- Chapter 14: Fabrication & Repair Tips
- Chapter 15: Tools & Tooling
- Chapter 16: Pipe & Tubing
- Chapter 17: Metallurgy
- Chapter 18: Power Supplies & Electrical Safety
- Chapter 19: Bending & Straightening
Machine Shop Essentials is an excellent book which presents a wide array of basic machinist's know-how...Even from a brief look through it, I learned some new things....Read full review
- You can place your order using your Credit/Debit card as a guest without opening a PayPal account.
- PayPal members, you can pay using your existing account.